Piloting and towing services are compulsory for vessels above 500 gross tons and 2,000 gross tons, respectively; both services are provided on 24/7 basis.
For piloting, a notice must be given 1 hour in advance in arrivals, and 1 hour before the ETD (Estimated Time of Departure) in departures.
Piloting and towing services at Port of Bandırma are provided by experienced personnel under the supervision of three licensed master pilots in compliance with current laws and regulations, subject to the oversight of the oversight of the Under secretariat for Maritime Affairs, and with maximum attention being given to ensuring the well-being of life, property, and the environment.
Terms and conditions
- Piloting and towing services are charged at the rates specified in the “Port Services Schedule” that went into effect as of 1 August 2003 and was published in Undersecretariat for Maritime Affairs circular number 1500 dated 31 July 2003.
- Any vessel which is incapable of moving under its own power or which cannot maneuver due to rudder malfunction or for any other reason will be subject to a 100% surcharge in the payment of all towing fees. (This rule does not apply in the case of salvaging services.)
- When vessels with gross register tonnages (GRT) or displacements specified in the port’s bylaws, regulations, and directives enter or leave the harbor or change their location within the harbor for any reason whatsoever, they must take on a pilot and be towed. A 100% penalty will be charged for any vessel that fails to comply with this requirement.
- A 30% surcharge will be made in the case of piloting and towing services provided in port to tankers which have not been certified as gas-free or which are carrying fuel or any other flammables or explosives.
THIS SURCHARGE WILL NOT BE MADE IN THE CASE OF TANKERS THAT HAVE GAS-FREE CERTIFICATION PROVIDED THAT EVIDENCE OF SUCH CERTIFICATION IS GIVEN TO THE PILOTING/TOWING AGENCY BEFORE THE VESSEL ACTUALLY MOVES.
- In situations where a service is subject to a surcharge and simultaneously qualifies for a discount, (+,-) difference between the surcharge and discount rates is what will be applied to the basic charge.
- The currency unit that applies to all the charges etc specified in the rates schedule is the US dollar (USD). All payments will be billed as Turkish liras converted at the posted Turkish Central Bank foreign exchange buying rate. Actual payments may be made in Turkish liras or US dollars. When calculating the Turkish lira value of charges, the exchange rate in effect on the date a vessel moves is the one that will apply.
- Those who request any of the services specified above are responsible for the payment of the charges for such services.
- Requests to come alongside or to tie up to any dock, pier, or buoy will be fulfilled in the order that the requests are received.
- Requests for service must be made in writing at least one day in advance by 15:00 hours on normal working days or by 10:00 hours on half-days.
- Requests that are made after the times specified above will be deemed to have been made on the next day. The person making a request bears full responsibility for the consequences of not having requested service in due time.
- The access channel for requesting piloting and towing services is VHF 12. The operations channel is VHF 13.
|Tugs/tows||GRT||TOTAL LENGTH (mt)||BOLLARD PULL(Ton)||Draft|
|Bandırma Port 1||247,76||24,4||45||3,5|
|Bandırma Port 2||167,52||21,3||33||3,1|
|Service craft||GRT||TOTAL LENGTH (mt)||BOLLARD PULL(Ton)||Draft|
|Pilot 05/Pilot boat||29,97||14,53||1,27|
|BOT XI/Mooring boat||9,72||10,35||1,5|